Thread: Job interview at Petsmart today! any advice?

Job interview at Petsmart today! any advice?

I have a job interview today. I'm so nervous!

Anyone work at a petsmart/petco, or applied there? What kind of questions will they ask? I've never had a job before, or had a job interview, so I don't know what to expect.

Any advice?

1 girl, 1 pup, 2 guinea piggies, 1 bunny & 1 turtle!

Hmm. Ive never been to a job interview either, so im not much help there, sorry!

I'm looking for a job too! I've (hopefully) got an interview at a shelter next week so looking forward to that, even though im really nervous.

Anyway, good luck with your interview!
    Amy & the furkids

Good luck and I'm pulling for you.

Re: Job interview at Petsmart today! any advice?

Originally posted by wolfie
    Re: Job interview at Petsmart today! any advice?
    Be yourself

Good Luck!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Good luck with your interview.

The best thing is to try to relax and be yourself. Also it helps to know the company you are applying with, and ask a couple of questions at the end of the interview, to show you are keen and interested.

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.

Well having just went back to work part time at Petco for easy money I can tell you, it was the worst "interview" I've ever had. They didn't ask anything about my past employment, and all the manager did was basically talk about himself and his fish. It was not proffesional by ANY means, but I got the job. I thought they would have cared to to ask basic questions, such as past employment history, what your strengths and weeknesses are etc. NOPE! The guy was pretty much falling asleep while talking to me....

Just be yourself and be honest. Tell them why you want the job, because you love pets and love educating others on proper pet care. Let them know you are excited to learn sales, and be friendly and in high spirits. Good luck!
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

thanks again everyone. I hope it won't be too hard.

Everytime I get an interview, I think of questions they are likely to ask me. The hardest one I've ever done was "Tell me about yourself". They're not really looking for the amount of siblings you have or what your favorite hobby is (unless it is related to the job) so that would be a good one to think over. Try searching google. I spent a couple hours reading over some things and boy oh boy, did it ever help me on my interview.

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

Good Luck, Rachel! I hope you get the job. Keep us updated and let us know how everything turns out.

Willie

Thank You, kittycats_delight for my new siggy!!!

Good luck on your interview.

I interviewed with them a while ago after applying 3 times!!! They'll ask you questions like, "What would you do if a customer asked you where the dog leashes are located??" "What is the one accomplishment you've done that you're proud of??"

A word of warning though. Don't get your hopes up. I did and boy was I ever let down. My interview went very well, or so I thought. But evidentally I didn't have enough piercings and my hair wasn't purple or pink. Just be yourself and hope for the best.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Best of luck and let us know how it goes.

Robin

So... I was a bit off with the date of the interview. lol. It's not for weeks! But I'm going to apply at other places this weekend. Thanks everyone for your advice! ^_^

Well, good luck when the time comes, be yourself.
    [CENTER]
    *Brandy*

just be you!

Smile, don't chew gum and cross your legs at the ankle!
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.