Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you live in the country or the city?

Do you live in the country or the city?

I live in the city (Lexington, KY) but I have lived in the country before (on 10 acres) and LOVED it much better. Right now we really don't have a choice. Do you live in the country or city? Are you happy where you are living or would you rather live somewhere else?

Thanks Kay!!

~It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you~ -Batman Begins

I live in the country, kind of. I'm not in town, but it's not really country enough for me. When I was little I lived a house surrounded by fields, cows, and woods, I miss that.
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla

I live a mile from a major city. But then not even ten minutes away is beautiful pristine farmland. My area is very odd to say the least!

We have gangs on the left side of me, and Amish on the right.

I live in the country. We own almost an acre of land, but we live right next to the woods. We also have a river that flows right behind our house, we have a view of Mount Ascutney from our windows, and we live right next to a 1-mile nature trail.

City.

I'd love to live in the country, but I have to say there are a few things about our area that I do like. We're a few minutes away from the Groucery store, Pet stores, Starbucks , etc. Just get rid of our neighbors, and I'm all set. I would like to live in the country one day, though..

I live in Calgary, Alberta so it's a city but I'd prefer to live in the country so I could have a big yard and 2 horses

Journey - 2yr old Australian Shepherd
    Ripley - 5 1/2yr old Doberman
    Dance RN CGN FM - 7 1/2yr old Toller

City. For now I am happy here, but when I'm older I want to live in the country and have lots of land in which I want to have a large area for horses and a large area for dogs. Perhaps other animals too. I want to foster them or whatever till they get good homes.

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

I live in a suburb about ten mins or less to the city, I am also only like two minutes away from being in the country, so its pretty good really, I used to have country paddocks opposite me with Donkeys and sheep and cows, but it got sold and now it a brand new housing subdivision with good quality homes, good for the valuation of my property.

I am close to all amenities, schools, parks,main Hospital,etc, and I have lived here for 21 years now, there is an old folks home just been built a stones throw away, so I guess when the time comes I can move there lol, at least I will still be in the same neighbourhood.

I have the university of Waikato within walking distance, so a lot of the properties are rentals around the corner from me and not too well looked after, where I am is mostly owned and is ok.

I just wish there was a beautiful view of the ocean nearby, still thats only like 45 mins drive away.

Hamilton is a city with about 140.000 people, so its not huge, but big enough to have most things I enjoy in life. Auckland is the big smoke , and you could not pay me enough to live there.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

I HATE THE CITY!!!!

I'm in a village of 32,000 people and Milwaukee is only 5 miles away and there are over 600,000 people in Milwaukee. Menomonee Falls (where I live) is a mini-Milwaukee. I HATE WHERE I LIVE! I cannot stand the city/village! HATE THE CITY!

COUNTRY! LOVE IT! I can't wait 'til we move! When I get older, I am living out in the middle of nowhere on a farm loaded with animals and the nearest city is 10+ miles away.

Yeah it is nice to drive a mile down the road and pass 30 restaurants and 150 shopping centers- but when your neighbors are 2 feet from your house with no privacy at all on an itty bitty lot it drives you nuts! I want to be able to run around in my underwear and have no neighbors to worry about- I can paint my house bright yellow and not have to worry about Joe Schmo's house not matching ours, etc.

I'm a city girl and hate it with a passion.
    LAURA {Human}, FRANNY {Boxer}, PEANUT, BUSTER, & NIBBLES {Rabbits}

Thanks Roxyluvsme13!

"The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horses' ears"- Arabian Proverb

Originally posted by Cookiebaker
    I live in the country. We own almost an acre of land, but we live right next to the woods. We also have a river that flows right behind our house, we have a view of Mount Ascutney from our windows, and we live right next to a 1-mile nature trail.
    Ok....I have decided I don't like you anymore.

You have a yellow lab....jealous
    You have a black lab....jealous
    You live in the country...jealous
    You have a nature trail by your house....jealous
    You live by the woods....jealous
    You have a river in your backyard....jealous

You know what....I'm so jealous....I don't like you anymore.

Hehe, just kidding, I love you....but I'm (still) jealous.
    LAURA {Human}, FRANNY {Boxer}, PEANUT, BUSTER, & NIBBLES {Rabbits}

Thanks Roxyluvsme13!

"The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horses' ears"- Arabian Proverb

I am at a happy medium. I live in the city but right on the city limits. The country starts just behind my house. Someday, I would like some land for animals, but land is really expensive here so it'll be a while.

Thank you Wolfie!

close to the city

I live really close to the city of Pittsburgh, but if you go about 20 miles north, you will find alot of farmland and open spaces.

I live in the city. And just so you know that there are other viewpoints, living in the middle of nowhere (i.e. the country) would be my personal nightmare. I often wonder how people can live so far from EVERTHING!!!

I live around syracuse NY.... in the COUNTRY!!!

I have 27 acres of land...

But I LOVE living where I live! And so does Meeka!

City

I'd love to have a few acres in the country In fact, my friend and I joke when she finsihes remoldeling her house and her daughter (who is a sophomore) gradutes HS I am buying her house so they can move to a smaller house with more land. The dream would be great...she has 3 acres with a barn, pond, 2 pastures, and a dog run. The reality is her houses would make the commute to work about 45 minutes for both of us and a lot of that country roads that would be bad in the winter. It is fun to dream though