Thread: My sweet Yodie Yodie

My sweet Yodie Yodie

Hi Friends,
    I'm so tired I can hardly see, so I'm going to make this brief. Last year I posted about Yoda, the rescue feral that had an ear polyp. She had it removed but I couldn't have the more invasive surgery done due to her weakened and frail condition. So it's grown back and into her throat; it's strangling her. She became very ill during the night, her temp spiked to 104, she became dehydrated and has already lost 1 1/2 lbs. Today the vet gave her a shot to bring the fever down and, if successful, tomorrow morning he will laser the polyp so that she can breathe. I still can't put her through that other surgery. He said that even if she survived it, the complications are rough and the rehab even rougher. So I'd like to have the laser surgery done, then see how long it will be before it bothers her again.

Please say a prayer for my Yodie. She has the sweetest disposition and my new house is already filled w/sadness because she isn't here w/me tonight. She had to stay w/the vet and take fluids during the night and have liver enzyme tests done. When she cried, she sounded as though air was escaping from a balloon. She's so weak and sick. Please, if you can, take one minute and send her good thoughts and see her well. I love her so much. I just can't lose another one. I'll post as soon as I get home from work and have something to report.

Thanx and blessings,
    M

Poor little Yodie is in our thoughts and prayers. Keep up updated!

Medusa....there are so many people and pets to pray for these day...but there's always room for one more.

Please know that you and Yodie will be in my prayers tonight.
    {{{HUGS}}} to you for all you are doing for her.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

I'll be praying for your Yodie.

Give her gentle kisses and pats from me.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Well, Dr. Lee did NOT operate on Yoda. She's too sick. He said "If she were my cat, I wouldn't do it and I'm aggressive." So...he put her on a stronger antibiotic and different ear drops to try to keep the polyp from getting any worse and to keep it from being so red. He'll call me in a couple of days w/the results of the other cultures that he had to do and then we'll decide when she should go in for the laser surgery. That's my only option. If she's too sick for even the laser surgery by then, I'll have to put her to sleep. BUT he said that he's very pleased that she's lived this long. He didn't expect her to. And she did well until just a few days ago. So I'm optimistic that the new meds will help and that she'll get stronger so she can have the laser surgery. When I told him that I wanted to bring her home and take care of her until the results came back, he said "Good plan".

She wouldn't eat there but she seems better here, so she'll prob. eat. I can hear how the polyp is obstructing her breathing, so maybe it hurts to swallow, too. She walks w/her head almost full tilt now. I'm going to watch her closely and let her sleep w/me tonight. I feel better about things, though I'm not sure why. Just having her home makes me feel good, I guess. All her fur posse friends ran up to her when she walked out of the carrier and I think it made her happy.

Anyhow, thanx for the prayers and I'll update you as I have more news.

Blessings,
    M

I'm so sorry for missing this! Somehow we tend to be pre-occupied when our own babies are sick - sorry. I'm glad to hear Yoda is home again, and doing relatively well. I'm sure you will do what's best for her when the time comes. I know how hard it is to have a sick kitty at home, so {{{hugs}}} to you and gentle skritchies to Yoda.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Medusa
    [B]Well, Dr. Lee

Hi M,

I'm very sorry to hear that your little Yodie is not well. I'm just aflood of tears right now after reading your post. I hope upon hope that the vet can help her. Tears and prayers of love and hope are coming your way.

Linda
    Last edited by MySweetBoy; 01-12-2005 at 12:31 PM.
    My Sweet Boy, Buddy

Embrace these little and not so little ones.
    Guard them, protect them, and grant them
    a peace that only we as humans can deny them. Vonnie Matheny

This morning I had a bowl of Special K and I left some skim milk in the bowl for Yodie and she drank it and ate a few of the soggy flakes. So I got her some canned kitten food w/chicken flavor and gave it to her. She ate about a fork full and then had problems swallowing, so she stopped. I think she was just so hungry that she ate too fast. Her throat is also probably sore from the tube that was there to help her breathe. I'll give her a little more later and see how she does w/that. Going to try some yogurt, too.

When I got home from work, she ran up the stairs to greet me, so I think that's a pretty good sign! She's going to sleep w/me again tonight. She did pretty well last night. She didn't seem to want to be in the bed w/me, so I brought her things in my room. But at about 11:30, she snuggled in next to me. I'll do whatever I can to make this baby comfortable and well. She's sitting in the windowsill right now and, at first glance, you would never be able to tell how sick she is.

Better and better...
    M