Thread: This Woman's One HOT TICKET!!

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?

This Woman's One HOT TICKET!!

http://www.fredericksburg.com/News/a...=D89IOS980.xml
    (I saw this on the news, but haven't seen it here yet)

Woman, 90, Grabs Bobcat's Tail to Free Cat

A 90-year-old woman grabbed a bobcat by the tail to free her beloved pet cat from the wildcat's mouth. Mildred Luce, who lives alone, said the action began one recent day when she looked outside her window and saw the bobcat lying on its side with the head of her 20-year-old cat, Smudge, in its mouth.

Luce ran out the door, grabbed an aluminum snow shovel and pushed it down on the bobcat's neck. But it held on tight.

"Then I took hold of its head with my hand and pulled on its tail, and Smudge popped out," she said.

Smudge hightailed into the house with the bobcat hot on her heels. Once inside, the wildcat calmed down and appeared more bewildered than aggressive, Luce said, wandering from room to room before walking into the bathroom.

A neighbor whom Luce had called for help secured the door until Warden Mark Rollins arrived and snared the animal as it hid behind a shower curtain.

Luce was upset by the episode, even more so because her other cat, 5-year-old Foxy, had been mauled the night before and died two days later.

But Luce never had a second thought about coming to the rescue of Smudge, who is still on the mend.

"I had no fear of it _ I was just interested in saving Smudge," she said.

The bobcat was killed so it could be tested for rabies, and the results were negative.

(Poor bobcat I just hope it didn't have kittens that it was hunting for)
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

That had to be horriable and the poor baby died...

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Poor baby. Maybe now the lady will keep her senior cat safe indoors!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

poor thing
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

All could have been solved if the lady took some responsibility for her cats.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

Some cats, in my opinion, are not suited to be "indoor only", especially after getting a taste of the great outdoors. My Butter, especially would just freak out if he wasn't allowed outside. I probably would freak out too!!! But, if I thought that bobcats or coyotes were hovering anywhere near my house, I guess I'd find a way to keep mine indoors. It's a personal decision, and I do find fault with people who are irresponsible regarding their cats and dogs, especially when they live on busy streets or highways, and allow their animals to free roam. Thankfully my two cats stick close to our house, and don't venture far, and they spend most of their time on our deck with the dogs, or inside, anyway. Plus we are on a very private, quiet road. But I still understand the risk I take everytime I let them outdoors.

I'm just so happy that Smudge is ok. Amazing to have a 20 year old cat!!!!!!!

Originally posted by IRescue452
    All could have been solved if the lady took some responsibility for her cats.
    She was 90, lol!
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

Originally posted by Logan
    Amazing to have a 20 year old cat!!!!!!!
    I was thinking the same! I was also thinking its amazing an animal that old didn't suffer a heartattack, stroke, seizure, something from such a stressfull event.

I still think its sad they have to kill an animal to test it for rabies. Is that a $$ thing?

You can have your own animal's titers tested and that's a blood test. People get tested too via blood. Poor bobcat, it was just doing what it naturally would have.

Glad the woman and Smudge were OK, though.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...