Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saved Dog's Life

Saved Dog's Life

I'm just a courtesy clerk at a local food store. I was pushing this lady's shopping cart out for her her. And we saw this dog jump out of this open car window and dangling from his leash choking. She told me she got the cart and go ahead and save the dog. I ran and scooped up the Beagle dog back into the cat. Igot the owner out to his car by making an anoucement over the store inercom.
    He was homeless and the window was broken and he was living in his car. His dog couldn't stand to be away from him. He thanked me for his his best friend and he just lost his best human friend a few days ago. We finally tied his dog up to a tree near his car. His dog is fine and alive.
    Sandy Frost

Awww thats a wonderful story. I'm so glad you where there at the right time, to save the dog.

Was the dog healthy, I only ask sense his owner was homeless?

Also, just wondering, shouldn't you share this story in dog general?

Fox-Gal

The guy was clean as you or I and his dog was healthy too. I wouldn't have known he was homeless if he didn't tell me. I'm still tired and upset about the whole thing. I'm amazed I managed to type it in pet general. I chose pet general because this way alot more people will read this thread and I 'm happy I was there at the right time. I have 14 pets of my own at home.
    Sandy Frost

that's a very nice story. Sandy Frost to the rescue!
    Last edited by lute; 05-18-2005 at 10:50 AM.
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

Lute

Thanks for your kind words! I love animals. I have a zoo at my house. I have 14 pets. From cats to treefrog to geckos to box turtles to corn snakes,to hermit crab to betta fish.
    Sandy Frost

wow, that is quite a zoo! i have 2 dogs and 4 birds.....and three little brothers. that's my zoo.

Re: Fox-Gal

Originally posted by SANDY FROST
    The guy was clean as you or I and his dog was healthy too. I wouldn't have known he was homeless if he didn't tell me.
    Oh good, I'm glad the dog was healthy looking, I always worried about pets when I see them with their homeless owner. I guess this man is like most of us here, gives all to our pets, even when we go without.

I know, if god forbid, I became homeless, my pets would still get the best I could give them. Just pray and hope (knock on wood, etc) it never happens, keeping a 100 and some pets in a car, even if it is a SUV, could be hard. LOL

I do hope life works out for this man and his dog. Thanks to you, he still has his friend/companion to help him through the days.

Lute

Originally posted by lute
    wow, that is quite a zoo! i have 2 dogs and 4 birds.....and three little brothers. that's my zoo.
    I like the sound of your zoo too. What kind of birds do you have.
    Sandy Frost

Re: Re: Fox-Gal

Originally posted by Fox-Gal
    Oh good, I'm glad the dog was healthy looking, I always worried about pets when I see them with their homeless owner. I guess this man is like most of us here, gives all to our pets, even when we go without.

I know, if god forbid, I became homeless, my pets would still get the best I could give them. Just pray and hope (knock on wood, etc) it never happens, keeping a 100 and some pets in a car, even if it is a SUV, could be hard. LOL

I do hope life works out for this man and his dog. Thanks to you, he still has his friend/companion to help him through the days.
    I hope things work for this guy and his dog. I just hope he gets a place to live other than his car.
    Sandy Frost

Re: Lute

Originally posted by SANDY FROST
    I like the sound of your zoo too. What kind of birds do you have.
    Sandy Frost
    i have 3 parakeets and a cockatiel. my cockatil is older then me. he's 18 and i'm only 16.

Thank you for saving the Beagle! Good thing you were there, and now his owner knows his leaping-thru-open-windows tendancy, and can work to prevent tragedy in the future! Little more polish on your halo today!

Re: Re: Lute

Originally posted by lute
    i have 3 parakeets and a cockatiel. my cockatil is older then me. he's 18 and i'm only 16.
    Your birds sound cool.
    Sandy Frost

Karen

Originally posted by Karen
    Thank you for saving the Beagle! Good thing you were there, and now his owner knows his leaping-thru-open-windows tendancy, and can work to prevent tragedy in the future! Little more polish on your halo today!
    Thanks Karen! It was quite a day.
    Sandy Frost

Wow, what an ordeal! Thank God you were able to save the poor pup. Sounds like that man really needed his best pal too, especially just having lost his human friend . I bet you felt so wonderful to have helped save the dog's life. Kudos to you!
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

I'm so glad you were there to save the dog. What a great story.
    Amber: Mom to Connor, Carson, Sadie, Maggie and Grant