Thread: What do these people have in common?

What do these people have in common?

I was at a stop sign waiting to make a left hand turn.

In the oncoming lane was a Harley, the rider had stopped about 100 feet from the intersection.

He had the right of way and i was waiting for him to proceed.

I waited for about one while minute before he was able to get the bike a gear and get past me.
    As he passed me I saw that his neck was bent at a ridiculous angle.....

A few days later Iwas at another stop sign and was waiting for a man, about 30 years old, to get through the crosswalk.

He was pushing a walker -he had a broken leg-and was moving very slowly across the street....He also had a strange bend in his neck and I felt sorry for
    him....This guy was messed up.

A week ago I was next to a 'fast food' place.

There was a line of people and I saw a woman who had the same kind of 'bent neck syndrome'.

The line was facing one way, while the woman was halfway turned around, facing the opposite direction.

What did they all have in common??

CELL PHONE USERS!!!!

The moron on the Harley was holding up traffic, his bike and the cell phone nestled on his shoulder....
    Funny thing about riding a motorbike and using a cell phone....When you use your right shoulder, you lose some control
    of the throttle and the front brake.

The guy with the broken leg probably broke the leg while taking on the cell phone...he took it for granted that I was going to stop
    for him..actually he couldn't look up, he'd drop his cell phone!!!

The absolute best was the gal in line to get her food.....While she stood there, I spied the reason she was turned halfway around....

She was talking to someone about 50 feet away from where she was...He was on a cell phone too! I guess he forgot to tell her what he wanted
    so he called her on HER cell phone to place his order!!!

I really love technology!!! It's making us stupid , oblivious and lazy!!!

I agree Richard. My cell phone is an older 1996 model. Works great for local calls, but it loses a signal when I call long distance. Now, I only use it for emergency purposes.

LOL A couple of weeks ago I was stopped at a stop light and the chickie in front was applying mascara with one hand while the older hand had her cell phone glued to the other ear.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    I don't even have a cell phone. My mom is letting me use her tracphone for now, because I'm driving so much for the insurance business. But, other than that, I haven't had a cell phone since last March. It's wonderful not having that leash!
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Strange how SO many people these days have that bent neck syndrome...

I saw a billboard the other day that had a picture of a guy on a cell phone in a car... it said, "The world's most dangerous phonebooth". I could not agree more!

devon, lol at that quote..

richarff, guess you'll never see my bend-neck sydrome..

didn't you know out there has a giraffe just like your three cellers? who have this giraffe been talking to!?
    rest and sleep softly sweet locke..