Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Long-Lost Sweetie, Mocha..

My Long-Lost Sweetie, Mocha..

(sorry this could be so long)..

I never stop thinking of her.. everytime I thought of her, it haunts me. and I just break into tears.

can anybody please help me how to get her back or at least let me to see her one more time. I can't believe she's about eight year old now. the last time I saw her was when she was only four.

what happened was, mocha make so many carpet accidents (small urines when she get so exictied seeing new guests) and had to go number two pretty often on our carpet during the nights. my mother have thought of giving her away many times but her being guilty and my sister whinnings always prevented her to. then when 2000 came, in my sleep, she took mocha back to the same shelter unexpectedly.

I did not live with my mother and mocha for two & half years (1997-mid of 2000) but I always took her with me to campings/vacations pretty often and I fell in love with her. in last few months moving in with my mother/mocha, I knew nothing about training that I could help her innocent mistakes but at least I've always tried my best to take her out more on walks, and ask if she needs to go potty. I wish I knew better so my mother wouldn't have had given her away.

now, for four years...I've been contacting the humane society where she was thrown back into, they refuse to tell me where she is, only the city, and it's large one and is adopted by an elder woman. I asked humane society to please call her and tell her that I have photos of baby mocha. they said they already called her twice for me and left my contact info but she never calls/emails me back. just last week, I called the humane society again to have them leave her a message that I'll pay $200 (or at her wish) for just to see her one more time. but humane society said I need to stop calling. (they had the notes recorded that they called twice last time)...help me.

what my mother did...is unforgivable..never.

ME = DESPERATE.
    rest and sleep softly sweet locke..

Gina, I honestly don't know what to say. I wish that I had more information/suggestions but I don't. If you need to vent, just pm me. I will listen.

Where is this big city?-and how big is it?

I would keep calling the humane society, and just keep begging them, unless they threaten to call the cops or someone.
    Give me the number of the humane scoiety and I'll ask too..I don't mind.

Prayers are on your way, along with big sloppy kisses and hugs

im so sorry for you :(

this must be unexplainably terrible for you.
    i am so sorry.
    i hope with all my heart you find your baby again.
    i dont know what to say!!
    i hope you find her, realy i do.

good luck.
    lots of love from beki (little critter)

yikes.. why didn't I get my notification?

thank you both!

stephanie, the city is in half moon bay, way far away from me now. it is about as half large as san francisco city.

yeah..maybe I should keep calling but...I'd hate to bother them if they must follow their policy to not share out personal information on someone else. I'll let you know if I need some help with calling, thanks.

does anybody else have an idea yet? I just feel like spending on their beach, tent out there..waiting for the day I see her!!

Get together the baby pictures - copies only, and write a nice letter. Explain to Mocha's current family that you knew her and loved her a while ago. Explain that youwanted them to see her baby pictures, as you are sure they will be as precious to them as they are to you. And then in the letter, mention you'd love a visit with Mocha, and would be happy to meet them in a park somewhere, so they don't have to divulge where they live or anything. Explain that you don't expect to get her back or anything, that you'd just like to see her once to have some closure that you weren;t able to get because of your mother's actions. Include a self-addressed, stamped envelope for their reply, and send the whole thing in a small envelope addressed to "Mocha's family" and leave the address portion blank so they can fill it in. Put that in a big envelope addressed to the Humane Society, with a small note requesting they forward the pictures and note along to the family.

And if you never hear from them again, you will at least know you did everything you could, and know that you'll see her some day, many years from now, when you both have reached the Rainbow Bridge.

yeah..maybe I should keep calling but...I'd hate to bother them if they must follow their policy to not share out personal information on someone else. I'll let you know if I need some help with calling, thanks
    That is very true You don't want to break the policy. You know where to get ahold of me if you need me to call, and don't worry, they won't even know that I know you

Karen, that is a great idea! Gina, I would strongly recommend you do that.

Good Luck, and may God help you see your beloved Mocha again.

I wouldn't beg the Humane Society, because they probably won't suddenly change their minds and go against policy (I used to work at a couple different Humane Societies and I know there would be HEAPS of trouble if any employee ever gave out information like that).

I would try Karen's idea though. If that doesn't work, then there is not much else beyond that you can do. Unless you want to run the story on the news or something.
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

lol aly! run on the news...? oh, I'd feel so bad in case they're the kind of people who like to be alone.

karen, I did thought of that but hearing from you inspired me to just do it. I ordered the pictures (because I didn't have any originals, my sister took them all) and got them today!

I'm gonna write a letter.....pray that I'll get a reply this time! this is so heartbreaking...she was my first sweet long dog and believe it or not, sweeter than crayola.

thanks again everyone....sigh.

GREAT! I really hope that they reply to you Gina. I am praying and hoping, even Jesse is keeping her paws crossed!

You are such a kind person Gina, you really deserve to see Mocha again. If they do not reply, just pm me and I will listen, give me the shelters number, and I will honestly try to find out where she is, anything to help you!

Steph and Jes

hey..

I've got it mailed in today!!

*sinking in...* I tried.

I'll letcha know assoon as I hear......

thanks stephaine, beki, karen & aly.

..gina & mocha ~

Good Luck!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

I really hope that they get it and they answer you! I am praying and crossing my fingers, and Jesse is crossing her toes!

Good Luck Gina,
    Steph and Jes

sigh..just an update..

I feel like I'm going out of my sanity! when I got back camping (two weeks), there was a return mail wiating with my letter I wrote in it and said they couldn't find that mocha.

they need her ID# or reciept number...my mother was the one who surrendered her and I don't know or have her numbers and I even don't talk to my mother. . . I totally forgot they needed that information.

..*cries* -

I'm gonna keep thinking...!

I'm sorry that your mother did that.

but the shelter does not and are not suppose to, by law, tell you who adopted her.

trust me, i tried to find out who adopted my brother's dalmatian and the shelter couldnt let me know either.

Just be happy that she WAS adopted.

Oh Gina, how sad! You're not likely to get any info from them, as others have said. But there's alot of studies that show that dogs "know" when their masters are returning home, so I believe they also know when someone who loves them is thinking about them. Keep sending your sweet baby prayers & good thoughts, she wouldn't want you to be so stressed out. Frame those precious baby pictures and send her kisses every day. Gratitude for the time you had together and prayers for a happy future will go a long way towards healing your poor wounded heart. (((hugs))) Maybe with time, you'll find a way to have some closure.
    Last edited by cyber-sibes; 08-23-2005 at 06:21 PM.