Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Terrible news: Peggy is missing!!!

Terrible news: Peggy is missing!!!

My mother called me at work two hours ago and and had terrible news: Peggy left the house this morning and didn't come back ever since. She's used to the outdoors, but usually doesn't go far, and she's always coming when you call her - not this time. My mother and Reinhold have searched for her everywhere, but she's gone. My feeling is that something terribly happened to her; after all, there are so many wild animals in the forest, raccoons, foxes, owls and other birds of prey... and she is still so little!

I feared something like this would happen from the very first day they got Peggy! Why didn't they listen to me and kept her indoors? Why didn't they give her to me when the first problems with Rocky occured? She would have been safe here!! I tried not to get attached too much to this little girl, because I knew of the short lives of outdoor kittens, but I couldn't resist her cuteness and totally fell in love with her! I loved her almost as much as my own girls!

Now I'm sitting here bawling my eyes out over this little girl! I would like to believe that somebody "just" took her because they thought she was a stray, but for some reason I feel she's an RB kitten already.

My mom has called the local animal shelter, but she's not there. Placing ads doesn't make much sense, because they live in the forest and have no neighborhood. I will suggest to call the vet offices as well, but I can't fight all the horrible images I have in mind of what has possibly happened to her. The last two hours at work I was barely functioning, and everytime the phone rang I hoped it was my mother to tell me she's back, but it wasn't.

Here are the last photos I took of her, last weekend. I breaks my heart to think that when I left her on Sunday, it might have been a final good bye...

Kirsten

Oh, Kirsten. That's horrible! I pray that they are able to find her safe and sound. PLEASE COME HOME PEGGY!!
    Sarah, meowmie of Whisper, Shadow, Callie and red-eared slider, Kahn

Thank you CatNapper for the beautiful siggy!

Peggy hun, you are worrying your meowie, you need to come home ASAP for hugs and kisses!

I'm sorry Kirsten. Try to think positive thoughts that she is okay and will show up soon. I will!

Please keep us updated.

(((HUGS)))

From Decker with Love

This is terrible news! I hope and pray that nothing has happened to her. Please Peggy come home!!!

Thanks so much kittycats_delight for the beautiful siggy and avatar of my kids!

oh no, I can imagine how worried you all must be. I feel so sick for you until that little girl comes home safe.

As mum to three outdoor kitties - one more adventurous than others - maybe she just got caught up in some new and exciting adventure and has lost track of time. I swear Max does that, and sometimes even forgets where his home is, he can be gone for days. I wish he wouldn't and stay home more, but that's Max for you.

I found with each of them that as they get older, they inevitably will venture farther afield and maybe (hopefully) today that's whats happened.

Please do let us know of any news, I'll be thinking of you all and will hug the furries even tighter tonight (as if there needs to be a reason). Love and positive thoughts for Miss Pretty Peggy.

laurax.
    Laura

Oh Kirsten how scary I know you have become quite attached to Peggy and this must be worrying you terribly.

Try to keep heart for now - staying positive that Peggy is not gone but will return.

((((HUGS)))))

Oh, Kirsten, I do hope you are wrong! Maybe it is just as posted..she got caught up in the excitement? Will your mom put something of hers/theirs outside? Will your mom sit for her outside? Put food out there? Hold on, sweet Peggy! Don't go from us yet.

Thank you everyone. I just called the two local vet offices, but they haven't heard from her yet. At least they will keep their eyes open, just in case somebody brings in a little calico "stray".

My mother has looked for her everywhere, but still no Peggy.
    She's crying now and never wants a cat again, she thinks it's not meant to be.

I don't think Peggy got lost and doesn't find her way (unless she's been chased by another animal and ran away), she knows her environment very well.

Kirsten

Oh Kirsten, I pray that Peggy returns home soon and safe!

I know the horrible feeling, my first cat who was an outdoor cat has disappered for 2-3 days a few times. Once or twice, he was trapped in a garage or a building, he dropped in and someone closed the door behind. But if you say that your parents have no neighbours, it's even more scary. Please, keep hope and be strong, I am sure she will come back this evening.

Peggy, little sweetie, please, we want to see you again! You'll be extra-spoiled by mommy, princess!

Oh no! I am stunned! I pray that she comes back unharmed!

Oh no!!!!!!!!!!! Come back, little Peggy!!!!!!

Come home little Peggy! Keep your chin up Kirsten. I am sending prayers that Peggy returns home soon.

How scary, Kirsten..... .
    PLEASE Peggy, come back home if you can!
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

I am hoping that she just went on a walkabout, and will come home safe and sound.