Thread: Luna has just thrown up...

Luna has just thrown up...

...and it was a yellowish liquid (sorry for the details). Do you think she might have liver problems?

It doesn't happen very often that she's vomiting. She doesn't have diarrhea, and she has a good appetite. So I guess this is nothing to worry about, but the yellow color is confusing me. Could stomach acid look yellowish also?

Kirsten

Everytime any of my cats (or dogs) have thrown up, its always been yellow-ish. I believe its just stomach acid mixed with something she may have ate/drank earlier in the day. I wouldn't worry about it unless she KEEPS vomiting! Just keep an eye on her over the next 24 hours, but I think she'll be fine!

facebook

Yes, that's just stomach acid. No worry, unless she just keeps on doing it, and not eating!

Kim
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Yes, I think it is the normal color when the stomach is empty.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonia59
    Yes, I think it is the normal color when the stomach is empty.
    I agree. My younger cat is a chuck-upper and I'm always running around the carpet with a wet cloth before the stain sets in. Being acid it can cut itself into the carpet if you don't get it while it's fresh!
    Often just before I leave for work

I was saying on another thread where someone's cat was vomiting a lot, regular access to grass so they can eat it is imprtant to keep them healthier and I have a big pot of Catgrass on the balcony they nibble at nearly every morning before or after breakfast.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. (Albert Schweitzer)

Thank you everyone! It didn't seem to be anything serious. She hasn't thrown up since, she's eating and acting normal. Maybe she has tried to get rid of a hairball that night and it didn't come up.

Kirsten

Throwing Up

Yes, stomach acid can look yellow too. However, I would take your cat to the vet as soon as you can because it could be kidney or liver problems also. A simple blood test will put your mind at ease!
    Angela and Buttons

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    Quote Originally Posted by TopCat3
    Often just before I leave for work
    Yup - their timing is almost always just perfect - NOT

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

I am so pleased with this place again! Always a quick response and no one calls you silly for worrying and all the help ready in any case, no matter how big or small. Makes me glad I am a member to have such resources at my fingertips!

I have noticed and am wondering if anyone else feels like this... But I am usually ready to respond and try to offer my advice on any topic I know about or have had experience with... If I don't have any, I try to offer a comforting word.. But when it is MY OWN babies, I forget everything I ever knew, panic, become a basket case and typically loose it. That is why I am so glad that I "belong" here.

(Kristen, I have no experience with yellowish puke since all mine throw up are fur balls)

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

[QUOTE=Laura's Babies]
    I have noticed and am wondering if anyone else feels like this... But I am usually ready to respond and try to offer my advice on any topic I know about or have had experience with... If I don't have any, I try to offer a comforting word.. But when it is MY OWN babies, I forget everything I ever knew, panic, become a basket case and typically loose it. That is why I am so glad that I "belong" here.

I CAN RELATE TO THIS! I CAN RELATE TO THIS! I think it is because we are so emotionally involved with them. For example, had that been my own cat on the road the other night, I think I might have been a gibbering wreck unable to think straight or do anything constructive! I get all weepy just in a vet consultation for a check up!(hide it of course but have trouble keeping voice steady and chin from quivering).
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. (Albert Schweitzer)