Thread: Is this a good horse for me?

Is this a good horse for me?

I found a horse the other day on the internet that I thought would be a good horse for me, but I need a horse expert to say if it is a good horse for me. The horse was born in 1994, shes a mare, she is 15.1hh, her temperment on a scale from 1-10 (1 being very calm and 10 being very high spirited) is a 2, shes a quarter horse,1100 pounds, and it says the skills are 4-H, All Around, Broodmare, and it says thats shes husband safe and kid/family safe horse. And it also says she can carry the greenest of riders (Im a beginner/intermidiate) and that she is an awsome trail horse. The things I wanted to do with a horse I bought would be western pleasure and trail riding. But it also says her feet are great so she doesn't wear shoes... is that ok if you live where i live? I live in northern oregon.. so I don't know how well her feet would be. She is living in Lebanon Oregon so I dont kno if they hav the same terrian. I could just give just give you the link of the horse add but I dont know if i could get in trouble for that! Oh yea and the stuff about me (if it matters to what horse i get) I am 5' 4'', and 14 years old. Thanks!

She sounds like a nice horse. Definately, take a look at her. Go back a few times (at different times/days of the week) and ride her, just to make sure she's not being drugged or anything. Make sure you ask lots of questions and get a vet check if you think about buying her. Her feet should do okay, but if your riding where it's real icy it might be a good idea to put some studded shoes on her, during the winter. Also make sure to look at a couple different horses before you jump on the first one you see. She might be a great horse to ride and all that, but if you have your heart set on western pleasure make sure you'll be able to train her, if she's not already. I've seen people buy horses that are definately jumpers and try to retrain them to do barrels, and it dosen't work out well.

sounds good. You may even want to ask the owners if you can take her to your house/barn for a week and return her if she doesn't work out for you. It sounds like you found her on dream horse. I regularly look there to, just so I know what is usually available because I can't have a horse at the moment. I think you can give the link here, that is ok because it is a public site.

Niņo & Eliza

Oh ok thanks, heres another horse that I found that is way closer to where I live http://horsetopia.horse-for-sale.org...ifieds/ad81150.

it dosent say anything about his health there i would call up the people and find out wat his health is, ANY horse with ANY type of foot problem is just gonna lead to tons of vet bills and little riding and same with artheritis i found a horse perfect for me but he was only 12 and he started getting artheritist and so he was no good choosing a horse is really hard they sound perfect but then you find problems with them
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

Definatly sounds like a good match. I would go take a look at him. He's gorgous!!! I love arabians. I used to have a black one.
    Last edited by dab_20; 12-28-2005 at 04:00 PM.

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

Sounds like a dream horse, get him vetted out to find out wether he has any problems.

Niņo & Eliza