View Poll Results: Would you lke to Have a South East Pet Talk Gathering?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

14 70.00%
  • No

1 5.00%
  • Maybe

5 25.00%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: How about a Southeast Pet Talk Gathering?

How about a Southeast Pet Talk Gathering?

If you voted yes, Maybe you can post where you live and when we tally the votes, we can decide what place would be the best to meet. How about that?

I would like to meet other people from Pet Talk. I am northeast of Atlanta, Georgia. I will be meeting someone from Pet Talk today for lunch.

I will try and keep a running list of the responses.
    3 Georgia
    2 Massachusetts
    1 Michigan
    1 New York
    1 North Carolina (AmberLee's)
    1 South Carolina
    2 Texas
    1 Vermont.

Last edited by Fuzzy317; 04-11-2002 at 02:56 PM.
    Scott is owned by 5 cats: Jackson, Fluffy, Twidgit, Ashton, Lexi;
    and 3 dogs: Eli, Sassee, Ginger

Fuzzy317's Pictures

How neat, Fuzzy!

I live in Greenville, SC, about two hours east of Atlanta. I have no idea where we could meet, but we need to do it!!

Atlanta and Columbia have wonderful zoos, Chuck. At the Greenville Zoo, which is quite small, we have white tigers, which I need to go see!!! I'm sure we could find something good to do. At Myrtle Beach, there is a Ripley's Aquarium and a neat place called the Butterfly Pavillion. In Charleston there is the SC Aquarium. Plenty of things to do around here. But the summers are HOT as you know, of course all of us who live in the south are used to that!

I live in NY but I would drive down for a Southeast meeting!!

I voted maybe because it depends on the timing and place. I am always up for a Pet Talk meeting if my schedule allows. In fact, I'm off to pack my car for Dallas now!!!
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

I'm in Michigan and would consider driving down for such an event.... It would of course depend on when and if I can get the time off from work but this is really a great idea!

Vermont and heading south

I would drive South for something like this.....I like the south...and I do have a car.....

I would come for sure !! I am in Hampton Georgia / about 20 min from atlanta. The Ripley's aquariums are real cool and Atlanta has a Zoo too. I have been to the Tennessee Zoo and didn't like it at all . Atlanta also has Stone Mountain there are really no animals to see there but we could all bring our pets and let them play in the big outdoors.
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!
    7/6/2006 - 9 pounds 9 ounces 22 inches

Tinky

I think Stone Mountain would be nice for us locals, but it may not be convenient for people coming a distance. I think DoggiesAreTheBest is trying to find a place kind of in the middle, so no one has a huge distance to travel.
    Last edited by Fuzzy317; 04-11-2002 at 02:48 PM.
    Scott is owned by 5 cats: Jackson, Fluffy, Twidgit, Ashton, Lexi;
    and 3 dogs: Eli, Sassee, Ginger

Fuzzy317's Pictures

I voted "maybe" because my job's insecure right now and money's a concern, but ... One of my main loves behind the fur-babies is genealogy, and I've been promising myself a trip to North Carolina (Stanly county) to fill in some research. If it wasn't in mid-summer (I wilt in heat) it would be a blast to combine the trips if at all possible.
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

It would depend on when and where, but we'd always try ... We've driven to Florida, to Tennessee and to South Carolina on different occaisions, so though it's a long drive, it's not "too" long. Of course, SasVermont has to pass THROUGH Massachusetts to get South, we'd have to pass through NY, NJ, and maybe we could make some sort of "gather 'em up as we go" sort of deal! I didn't vote, though because it'd depend on when and all that ...

If it's possible to meet in MI, the Detroit Zoo is really nice. They used to be just OK, but they just made a huge amount of renovations and it has turned out to be a fantastic zoo. I just went on Easter Sunday and I was very, very impressed at the quality of everything. They just added the most fantastic polor bear exibit I have ever seen.

The zoo is in a city called Royal Oak where I grew up. It's a really nice city with a pretty booming downtown area. Lots to do and lots to see. It is a very artistic, liberal city. Lots of art shops, lots of really good resturaunts, and really neat shops of all kinds. It's a fun city.

I would love to do a SE pet talk gathering, and I am willing to drive to a certain distance, but don't know if I could commit to anything if the drive is too far.

Leslie, I'll be in Detroit sometime over the summer if my schedule permits. If not, I'll be there either before or after my NYC trip. I have grandparents and other family just outside of Detroit. Maybe we can meet
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Originally posted by aly
    Leslie, I'll be in Detroit sometime over the summer if my schedule permits. If not, I'll be there either before or after my NYC trip. I have grandparents and other family just outside of Detroit. Maybe we can meet
    You bet! I know you aren't bringing Reece & Lolly to NYC, but will you by chance be bringing them to Detroit area when you come here? I'd love to meet you either way, but I think you know how much I love those pups of yours I'd also like you to meet my furkids That would be fun. I would really, really like to meet you. Just let me know aprox. when you are coming. I am going on vacation within the first week of July, but that's about all we have planned as of now. This summer we will be buying our house and I am not sure how much time it will be taking, or what work will need to be done to it before we move in, but I am hoping it'll be quick and easy.

Let me know