Thread: A home for my diabetic cat

A home for my diabetic cat

hello.....my cat was just diagnosed with diabetes...unfortunately, i do not have the funds or cannot commit to the treatments he will have to undergo...

i am looking for someone that has the funds and patience to care for my diabetic cat...if any of you have any ideas where or who, or someone that might be interested in this, i would be so grateful...

my cat's name is pinky, he is a tuxedo cat and has the best personality and is so loving....he deserves a good life....i hope there is someone out there that has the time to take care of him...

i live in los angeles, ca (hollywood area)....

please contact me at [email protected] if you have any info for me...
    i am not very good at these forum things on the internet...

thanks, terri

If you tell me where you live (the state), I should be able to find you somewhere to call in your area.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Of the chronic conditions a cat can get, diabetes is one of the less expensive to manage. A vial of insulin costs between $30 and $60 and can last up to two months, depending on the dose. You can get 100 insulin syringes at Walmart for about $15. The ketodiastix are about $20 for 100 over the Internet, and last 6 weeks if you test twice a day. Please reconsider before rehoming your cat. There is a website, www.felinediabetes.com, which may be able to give you more advice. And of course, work closely with your vet.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Smokey the elder is correct about the costs involved (but there are also blood tests that need to be done routinely)

Instead of trying to give away your pet (now that he is sick) why don't you try to find some financial help. Here in PA there is a group specifically formed to help people care for their chronically ill pets. There must be something in your area (CA) as well.

Best of luck, either way.

Quote Originally Posted by moosmom
    If you tell me where you live (the state), I should be able to find you somewhere to call in your area.

She posted that she's in Los Angeles, CA

I've done research and all I can find is advice on how to deal with a cat that's a diabetic. I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help. I have a friend whose father-in-law's cat is a diabetic. All he had to do was change his diet.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!