Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: seen any good movies lately?

Originally posted by Cincy'sMom

That is sorta what I thought it would be, cause I had never seen the stage show, even though I knew a lot of the music. It is and it isn't. The basic story is that Renee Zellwegger is a young married woman who dreams of performing onthe stage. She kills this guy that lies to her and ends up in jail. Catherine Zeta-Jones is already a star, but is now also in jail for murder. Richard Gere is the fast0talking lawyer trying to get them off. There is a great mix of what is really going on the Broadway show version that Renee sees in her mind. Sorta hard to explain how it is done, but Great music, great costumes, great dancing.
    LOL I tried explaining it to someone to, and all they basically got was that two women were trying to get out of jail with their fast talking lawyer for killing men who betreayed them...Then they tell me, "And you liked that?! Sounds depressing." LOL It was an awesome movie and awesome on Broadway also.

From upcomingmovies:
    It's the long-awaited film version of the Broadway hit. Set in the roaring 20's, this is the story of Chicago chorus girl Roxie Hart (Zellweger), who shoots her unfaithful lover (West). Landing in jail, she meets Velma Kelly (Zeta-Jones), another chorus girl and murderess, currently enjoying media attention and legal manipulation, care of her attorney, Billy Flynn (Gere), king of the old "Razzle Dazzle." Soon enough, however, Flynn takes Roxie's case as well, and Velma finds herself old news as Roxie is now the most famous murderess in town, on her way to getting out of jail and becoming a star. The two go through a series of attempts at getting what they both want (often conflicting): freedom and fame.

Here's the website: http://www.miramax.com/chicago/

I also saw Gangs of New York. Mostly because Joey was dying to see it. It was alright. I'm didn't care for the violence. I was completely shocked to find out that Bill the Butcher was Daniel Day Lewis...What happenned to my Last of the Mohicans babe?! *sigh*

Tiff and the ever expanding krewe
    Scout, Gigi, & Bixby -the kitties
    Rory, Lola, Jax, Max, & Lulu -the ferrets

I saw Catch Me If You Can which was pretty good and i saw A Guy Thing which wasn't too special and i thought LOTR2 was really good.
    ~Your best friend doesn't have to be human~

The Quiet American was very good and especially relevant to things going on today.

Chinadoll-I just found out "All That Jazz" is going to be one of production numbers for this year's spring and Disney shows! Should be a blast!!

the LOTR didn't do much for me.
    Aww, I LOVE LOTR, it's awesome! Can't wait to see the last one :]

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

I have seen The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (PG-13), 5 times. I am going for 10 or more, to beat my record of 9 for The Fellowship of the Ring
    I can't wait ot see The Two Towers! I have seen the first one 52 times Is the The Two Towers as good as The Fellowship Of The Ring?

I haven't seen any movies in theaters for a long time, I like to buy them on DVD and watch them at home. I bought K-19: The Widowmaker on DVD a little while ago, and it was an awesome movie!

Is the The Two Towers as good as The Fellowship Of The Ring?

I thought it was better I've only seen it 2 times so far, I'm too poor to see the same movie more then once in the theatres LOL

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

Originally posted by slleipnir

I thought it was better I've only seen it 2 times so far, I'm too poor to see the same movie more then once in the theatres LOL
    I'm too poor to see it once in theaters LOL!

Originally posted by The Cat Factory
    I haven't seen any movies in theaters for a long time, I like to buy them on DVD and watch them at home. I bought K-19: The Widowmaker on DVD a little while ago, and it was an awesome movie!
    I just watched that movie on friday, I fell asleep at least 5 times because it was so boring...and whenever I woke up, nothing new had happened. lol, just my opinion though.

My friend rented (for reasons unknown) Legends of the Fall. What an awful, depressing movie. I did not know it was possible to make a movie THAT depressing!

I think the last movie that I saw in a first run theater was Catch Me if You Can. I thought it was a great movie. I saw My Big Fat Greek Wedding in the dollar theaters, also a good movie. And The Two Towers is an amazing movie!! I'd love to see it again, I saw it right when it opened.

Just HOW DO YOU solve a problem like Maria?
    Mmm well the last movie that I saw in theatre was the Two Towers...loved that movie must see it again. Yesterday I rented About a boy, 101 Dalmations 2 and Soroity boys...I watced the first two and liked them both. Had to turn the other one off because well it sucked. Other then that I just haven't had the time to go see movies...I'll have lots of time to watch videos and dvds this week though so maybe that's what I'll do.
    Goonies never say die!

Thanks Amy for the great sig!

Originally posted by wolf_Q
    I'd love to see it again, I saw it right when it opened.
    I saw it right when it opened too. I bought my tickets in early Nov.. My dad and I went about 45 min early, he didn't think there wouldn't be that many people. Um...the line for advanced tickets was about a block long. They were sold out of tickets.
    Is the The Two Towers as good as The Fellowship Of The Ring?
    I do believe that the The Towers is better than The Fellowship of the Ring- just by a tiny bit , simply because there is more Orlando Bloom in it, LOL, and I like all Aragorn, Legolas & Gimli's major "buttocks" kicking action. I could go on and on...but I'll stop.
    For those of you who don't really know what Mr. Bloom looks like:
    A little fuzzy- sorry.
    LAURA {Human}, FRANNY {Boxer}, PEANUT, BUSTER, & NIBBLES {Rabbits}

Thanks Roxyluvsme13!

"The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horses' ears"- Arabian Proverb

The last movies we saw were Harry Potter and Maid in Manhattan. Harry Potter was really good, especially considering I don't like that type of movie...I couldn't handle Lord of the Rings. (But my hubby sure enjoyed it...I sent him with someone else! ) Maid in Manhattan was OK, I'd suggest renting it.

I really want to go see Two Weeks Notice and How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days. I'm all for chick flicks!
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Yesterday , we saw "Father Damian" . What a touching story! I am truly proud that Father Damian was Belgian , and Dutch-speaking!!

This afternoon we finally go to see "Lord of the rings 2"!!! It's a long movie , so I hope my back will be able to cope with it ..

edit : we are back from that movie . It was FANTASTIC !!!

i also liked harry potter 2, even though i don't like those kind of movies. last night i watched "like mike" and my parents watched "K-19". they said it was pretty good. anyone here seen scooby doo

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running
    from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you.
    I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”
    - Jack Kerouac; On The Road

I can't wait ot see The Two Towers! I have seen the first one 52 times
    Do you mean you have seen it 52 times in the theater??

I have seen The Fellowship of the Ring 9 times in the theater, but if you count how much I watch it at home- I am way past the 200 mark. I try and watch it once a week.
    LAURA {Human}, FRANNY {Boxer}, PEANUT, BUSTER, & NIBBLES {Rabbits}

Thanks Roxyluvsme13!

"The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horses' ears"- Arabian Proverb