Thread: Maxium dogs in residence, maryland??

Maxium dogs in residence, maryland??

Hello. My husband and I were considering a 4th dog but we do not know the laws here and someone mentioned that the maximum number of dogs you could have a a single family dwelling was 3. We have a nice fenced in yard and our 3 other dogs are house dogs, only outside to play and do their business. And we are big fans of adopting from the humane society but the humane society is located in PA and they are not sure of the laws in MD. Does any one know??

I'm pretty sure it depends on your city, not your state. In Baltimore, the max is 3 dogs. But you can legally get a 4th dog if you apply for a kennel permit. Not sure if that's what it is in other cities. It's best to check your city's animal control website or call them.

Each city and town has their own ordinance. A quick phone call to city hall (town hall) will get the info you need.

My city has a limit of 3 dogs per house (I don't get a license for Ozzy ). While we have no limit on cats, we do have an anti hoarding law.

The next city over has a 5 cat limit and a 4 dog limit. So it varies.

might wanna chekc your municipal code... I tried goodsearching for it, but not sure exactly where are you from... so...

here´s a good site.. just check the one you live in..
    http://www.generalcode.com/webcode2.html#mary
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

You may try googling it, or even calling the City Hall for other places to find out.
    There is no such thing as failure, just learning experiences.

Found out the answer

Well after a few phone calls I found out our town is allowed 5 dogs per residence. So once that was figured out, we went to adopt our 4th dog. His name is Max (because he is the max amount of dogs we are going to have) and he is a Puggles. I can't believe he was still there at the humane society...he's just too cute.

Congrats! I would love to see pics of Max (I love anything that has pug in it ), and his fur siblings.