Thread: Joey, an Main coon or mix?

Joey, an Main coon or mix?

I heard by someone that my joey is a Maincoon. He might not be a full mainecoon but he probably is part Maincoon in him. He has a lot of the personality, he is very social and a big suck. His personality is very laid-back, gentle just like The Main Coon. Joey has the tuffs sticking out of his paws and ears. Long whiskers and a maine around his neck and a bushy tail which he carries up on his back. I'm very curious because I know he is not a regular Black/white cat. I would love to know if he is and maybe you couls tell by looking at some of the picture. I would love some replies as to what you guys think. Also, do Main Coons come in black/white or just tabbies? Let me know. Tell the truth. Here are some picture of him and there will be some picture with his cat friends.

Last edited by In_love_with_cats; 11-22-2003 at 11:53 PM.

Except for his ear set that I can see he looks liike a maine coon to me. How old Joey. I can not tell about the muzzle and the slope to the nose. or the squareness of the muzzle. But from what I see he does look like a Maine Coon. And Yes they do come in Black and white.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I have been serching for a head shot this is the best I could come up with. Look at the slope of the nose and the strong chin and when you look straight on at the muzzle it should look strong and square. Eyes are round not oval or slanted. Ears sit high on the head. Body study and long and rectangular. Solid boning. Coat med and shaggy long, not all one lenght. Maine Coons come in all colors and patterns except pointed. Well enough for now.

Stella
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I saw this tittle, and I thought, gee I wonder why someone is asking about my baby. Then I thought, yes Joey is an MC Mix.

Then I open the Post and realized it was not my baby girl, but another Joey.

Stella is probabaly the best person to answer you on this. AS she is our reseident expert on MCs.
    Bob & Joey,
    and their happy and willing slave, Bryan.

Many Thanks to Kay for the Picture.

My motto - "Bad Spellers of the World, UNTIE!!!!"

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!

Re: Joey, an Main coon or mix?

CatDad - I thought it was your Joey too when I saw the title of this thread. in_love_with_cats, your Joey looks like a Maine Coon and yes they do come in all colors except for pointed. Your Joey is so cute, but then I'm partial to Maine Coons (or Main Goons as I call my big guy Mishi - he's such a goof ) This is my favorite pic of your Joey - I just love the way they try to sqush themselves into such tight spots

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

Joey is 3years and 12mos, he will be 4years old at the end of Dec or the beginning of Jan.