Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: PT Christmas card exchange?

PT Christmas card exchange?

The recent Christmas shopping thread by PJ's Mom got me wondering if anyone has been thinking about the Christmas card list for this year? I got out last years cards recently and looked through all of them. It was so much fun looking through all those wonderful memories.

I'll gladly volunteer to help with the organizing.

My finances just will not allow it this year so I'm NOT participating. Maybe next year.

I did the same thing Micki. I was cleaning out my closet a few weeks ago and came across all the ones I received last year. It was so much fun going through them all.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Sounds like fun. How does it work?

Count me in ! I love sending X mas cards!

Join Sweet Pea at The Bunny Forum
    Come join me and FizzGigg at The Bichon Lovers Clubhouse
    Thank You Anita & Kay for the wonderful Siggys

Funny you mentioned this Micki, as Tonya (Zippy) and I were talking about this last night. Last year there was about 60-65 participants. The list was HUGE, and it was very expensive. This is not something that I can participate in this year. Also, the organizing was extremely stressful and time consuming for Tonya and I - moreso Tonya - and with starting my new school program, I've decided to pass this year on the card exchanges. So Micki - if you wanna go for it, please do! Last year, we posted a thread with the rules and guidelines and Karen made it sticky, so everyone could take a look at it. If you have any questions, let me know!

I didn't participate last year because I was so far behind on everything! I never even got my cards out the year before (right at wedding time), and I was so embarassed.

One idea that I think works really well, that we might want to consider this year, is breaking the list into groups of perhaps 10. Everyone would receive the whole list, but are only obligated to send to the 10 in their group. That might make it easier for some of us to participate that weren't able to before, and would keep the cost down as well. And if you wanted to, you could send one to everyone or at least more than just the 10 in your group. We did it last year at our Golden Retriever group and the girl who organized it named each group after one of Santa's reindeer. It was cute and fun and much more manageable. Just a thought. If we could consider doing something like that, I would love to participate.

Logan

It is pretty expensive to do, but I REALLY have to do it again! I've done it every year so far and I have a huge collection of wonderful, cherished cards.

Even if we break it up into groups, I'll still send to the whole list. It is so much fun.

Micki, if you need any help organizing, let me know!
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

I have to say that unless my employment situation changes soon, I will not be able to participate this year, which breaks my heart

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.

Well done Micki - I've been thinking of the Christmas Card exchange too.
    I remember someone saying last year that it was getting a little out of control and would it be possible to divide the list into - Dogs, Cats and Pets, so we would send the cards to the people we 'talk' to most.
    Is that a feasible(sp?) idea?

Lynne
    Time spent with cats is never wasted
    --Collette

RIP Dear Dan xxx

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    Originally posted by Nomilynn
    Funny you mentioned this Micki, as Tonya (Zippy) and I were talking about this last night. Last year there was about 60-65 participants. The list was HUGE, and it was very expensive. This is not something that I can participate in this year. Also, the organizing was extremely stressful and time consuming for Tonya and I - moreso Tonya - and with starting my new school program, I've decided to pass this year on the card exchanges. So Micki - if you wanna go for it, please do! Last year, we posted a thread with the rules and guidelines and Karen made it sticky, so everyone could take a look at it. If you have any questions, let me know!
    Likewise I'm sure. It was kind of fun, but was very expensive for me as I already send out over 100 Xmas cards to my family a friends. The PT cards were fun, but it just got to be too much. Sorry I won't be participating this year in the official PT Xmas card exchange this year.

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

If you break them into groups I may be able to participate, but I know I won't be able to if you have to send one to everyone..Being a college student with no job right now I can't afford it.

Count me in for this year!!!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Logan - you were reading my mind (or I was reading yours).

Yes, I think that collecting the names, and then splitting into managable groups would be an excellent idea. That way everyone is guarenteed some cards and it doesn't become overwhelming for others.

These are not the droids you were looking for

Count me in. I loved reading and looking at the cards last year.

Originally posted by lynnestankard
    Well done Micki - I've been thinking of the Christmas Card exchange too.
    I remember someone saying last year that it was getting a little out of control and would it be possible to divide the list into - Dogs, Cats and Pets, so we would send the cards to the people we 'talk' to most.
    Is that a feasible(sp?) idea?

Lynne
    I don't think the catagories would work, Lynne. Too many people would be left out. Many people have all kinds of pets and would then have to pick just one group of friends to send to, or spend a lot more $ than others sending to all. IMO, I only see it working with everyone sending to everyone. I personally want to send to, and receive from, everyone.

Aly, I'll send you a PM.