Page 1 of 22 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 2004 PT Christmas Card Exchange

2004 PT Christmas Card Exchange

I know we haven’t had Halloween yet, but we’re going to go ahead and get a start on the 2004 PT Christmas Card Exchange.

For those of you not familiar with the card exchange and how it works:

Everyone who wants to participate will email his or her mailing address to [email protected]. Aly and I will then compile a master list that has everyone’s address on it and email that list to everyone who signed up. Then you just send a card to everyone on the list! It’s incredibly fun sending and receiving cards. I got at least one card a day last year, usually 3 or 4. Some people make their cards, some buy them, and some are bought, but have special touches like a picture added.

Now for the rules:

Last year we had 60+ participants, so really think about the responsibility required before you sign up. It’s a big commitment and it’s not fair if you’re not going to send to EVERYONE. If you don’t know or don’t like someone on the list, you should still send a card to him or her. It’s only fair.

If you don’t want to send to EVERYONE on the list, but only certain people, please don’t sign up. Simply exchange addresses with those people yourself via PM or email, please.

Also, this list is going to be Snail Mail only, but if anyone wants to organize an email list, feel free.

We had a few young members last year that participated and they are welcome to participate this year. They’ve been doing so for several years and have shown the level of responsibility required, as well as parental consent. This is a large financial responsibility, as well as being a safety issue that many parents wouldn’t be comfortable with. Please do not sign up if you aren’t positive that you can follow through.

We’re going to borrow what Karen said last year and ask that if you are underage - for legal purposes, that's under 13, but let's make it 15 and under. No addresses will be posted publicly, but "children" especially should always be cautious about giving out their personal information online.

If you’re 15 or under please have a parent email permission to Karen at [email protected].

We’re going to try to get the list completed and sent by November 5th, so we’d like to have all addresses by November 1st. This early deadline will make it easier on those who make their own cards, and the overseas members.

If you’re interested in participating, email the following information to [email protected]:
    Pet Talk ID
    Your pets names
    Your name (& significant other if you'd like them to be included)
    Mailing Address
    Email Address (for the master list distribution)
    Last edited by micki76; 10-06-2004 at 09:46 AM.

So excited
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Last year it was sooo much fun. Everyday I would speed home from work to see what little treasures lie within my mailbox.

Due to financial reasons I will NOT be participating this year. Maybe next year.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Sending an email right now.

I'd love too, but I'm going to have to get my moms permission and also theres a little glitch for me... we're moving, but I'm not sure when. The house here has to sell first so I'm not possitive where I'll be living when card time rolls around

~Danny~
    [19 y/o Crazed Human Female]

-The Dogs-
    Mac
    [6 y/o female BC/German Shepherd/Lab]
    Julie
    [9 y/o female Siberian Husky/Alaskan Malamute]
    Angel
    [7 y/o female German Shepherd/Lab]
    J.W.
    [6 y/o male BC/German Shepherd/Lab]
    R.B. Blackfoot
    [16 y/o Lab/German Shepherd]

-The Horses-
    Prissy
    [12 y/o Bay Tobiano Paint Mare]
    Miracles Happen
    [5 y/o Solid Bay Paint/Quarter Horse Mare]

YAY!!! sent mine!

Me-24
    Hubby-25
    Daughter Zoey is 2 !!!!
    Jasmine 1 month

I'll know by the 16th at the latest. It all depends if Rob keeps his job or not.

I really hope I can do it this year, the last couple of years looked fun, but couldn't afford it, so here good luck that Rob keeps his job & I can join

Oh good, glad you got my info.!

Ok...
    I know about sending to everyone but how exactly does this work? Do you hand-make the cards or buy store bought? Do you write messages inside to everybody or send pictures? Etc.
    Tina

Originally posted by teenster3
    Ok...
    I know about sending to everyone but how exactly does this work? Do you hand-make the cards or buy store bought? Do you write messages inside to everybody or send pictures? Etc.
    Tina
    You can do either, I usually make mine but lots of people buy them. Most people write a note inside the card, many also include photos. It's all up to you!

The variety of what people do is just part of the fun! How you decide to participate is entirely up to you!

I'll be sending my info tonight.

The_Duck - if you want to participate, and you parents are okay with it, sign up with your current address - if it changes by the time people are mailing cards, you can send an email to people with the correction!

Ooooh, goody good fun fun!

I wanna sign up!!! I probably will

I'm going to sign up again this year. This will be my third year and it's so much fun.

I just e-mailed my info!!!

Woopieee!!!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

I sent my info.
    I am so excited!!!
    Thank you, Micki and Ali
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla